PHYSICAL THERAPY DIRECT ACCESS FACTS
Published on 12/9/2017 by Jessica Santucci
- Did you know that you DO NOT need a referral to start physical therapy?
- Georgia is a Direct Access state which means that you can seek the services of a physical therapist and begin therapy before acquiring a referral from a physician.
- In Georgia, you can see a physical therapist for 8 visits, or 21 days, whichever comes first, before needing a referral from a physician (referral must be from a “practitioner of the healing arts”).
- This means you do not have to wait to have that acute or chronic problem looked at by a skilled physical therapist!
- If you are interested in physical therapy, please make an appointment to come and see me!